We pride ourselves on our commitment to quality and our ability to communicate with our clients. The same is true when we make hiring decisions. We are always looking for talented, energetic, and insightful professionals to join our team. We come from all different accounting and lifestyle backgrounds, and it adds to the richness of our firm. If you are interested in learning more about our firm and the opportunities we may have for you, please contact us.
Positions Currently Available
Get a crash course in three difference accounting professions in one internship!
We are seeking a junior or senior accounting student for approximately 8-10 hours a week for 9 weeks during the Spring 2024 semester. Start date is February 5th and end date is April 12th, which takes into consideration 1 week of time off for Spring Break. The internship will expose the student to 3 varied aspects of our firm:
Weeks 1-3 the student will work in our Asset-Based Lending (ABL) Department with the Field Examiner Manager. The student will assist with remote exams to ensure that borrowers’ financial records state collateral fairly. Duties include:
- Performing analyses on accounts receivable, inventory, cash, accounts payable, and overall financial statements
- Testing the integrity of accounts receivable and inventory supporting documentation
- Calculating a borrowing base
- Collaborating to come up with recommendations for the lender
Weeks 4-6 the student will work in our Audit Department with the A&A Manager. The student will assist with the planning and fieldwork for audits of private companies. Duties include:
- Updating the financial statements template to current year information
- Documenting tests of controls
- Analyzing and comparing prior year data to current year data regarding vendors, customers, and employees.
- Assisting with fieldwork such as confirmations, payroll reconciliations, and documenting tests of details results.
Weeks 7-9 the student will work in our Tax Department with the A&A Manager. The student will assist with the preparation of corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns. Duties include:
- Entering data into the tax software
- Performing client follow-up
- Copying and scanning client records
- Assisting in bookkeeping and year-end write up projects
Full-Time ABL Field Examiner
Field Examiners ensure that borrowers’ financial records represent sound accounting procedures, explain company policies and assist in the implementation of collateral controls. The Examiner will be assigned to both local and out-of-town projects throughout the United States and Canada.
The scope of the assignments includes:
- Testing the integrity of accounts receivable and inventory
- Analyzing key performance indicators and trends for accounts receivable, inventory, and accounts payable
- Evaluating the borrower’s billing, collection, and perpetual inventory systems
- Performing detailed analysis of the general ledger
- Testing receipts, disbursements and reconciliations
Candidates must hold a BS in Accounting or Finance and 0-5 years of ABL field examination experience. CPA or CFE credentials are preferred, but not required. Additionally, the candidates must possess the following competencies:
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent professional report writing skills
- Effective oral communication skills with bank personnel, borrower’s management and executives, and other field examiners
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment alongside other field examiners
- Ability to follow directives and meet deadlines